All types of metal roofing undertaken
Metal Roof Types
Metal roofing is a common and popular choice for many commercial, industrial and even residential buildings. It is lightweight, durable and low maintenance.
There are five main types of metal roof available:
- Aluminium – this is a lightweight and malleable metal which is highly resistant to corrosion, particularly from rust and sea salt
- Copper – given the right set of conditions, a copper roof may last for more than one hundred years. It is a very soft metal making it relatively easy to work with and also helps to muffle the sound of the elements. 100% recyclable.
- Tin – rarely used anymore, tin can be flattened for shingling
- Zinc – another soft and malleable metal which lends itself to some elaborate roofing designs. It is also 100% recyclable.
- Steel – a galvanised or weathered steel roof is often used for buildings which need to withstand high winds and other elemental factors. It is strong, fire resistant and retains heat well. Again steel can be recycled which makes it another popular choice.