All aspects of flat roofing undertaken
Flat Roofing Types
There are many different types of flat roofs available in the UK including PVC membrane, asphalt, modified bitumen, metal, rubber and fibreglass.
Flat roofs are a popular choice these days because they are an economical option for commercial, industrial and residential buildings.
Additionally, a flat roof can also provide a useful space for solar panels, satellite dishes or radio equipment, ventilation units or even a roof top garden.
With so many choices, our friendly team at Alpha Roofing Solutions are happy to discuss various options to suit your particular requirements.
Types of flat roofing include:
- PVC membrane which is flame resistant, flexible, lightweight and cost effective.
- Built-Up-Roof (BUR) which is comprised of hot tar and gravel.
- Modified bitumen which uses only a single layer of adhesive roofing material.
- Rubber membrane (also known as EPDM). TPO which is very good at reflecting the sun’s heat.
- Metal, most commonly steel or aluminium.
- Coating which offers superior waterproofing.